forex_managed_account_1

Do you like to do gap trading?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christo Phernn, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Christo Phernn

Christo Phernn Well-Known Member Trader

I don’t trade much on gaps, but I have seen many people do it and talk about such strategies, so do you believe in trading on gap? I personally don’t prefer it much at all since I feel we can do so much better when we just trade on simple way instead of complicated stuff like this, I go with OctaFX broker where I don’t do anything silly instead I keep everything straight forward and due to OctaFX broker, I find it easier with their tidy spread and many such features.

2. Benard Roy

Benard Roy Well-Known Member Trader

Firstly, I am also trading with OctaFX broker, but I believe gap trading is very risky and I won’t waste time over it, I am currently doing normal trading which is quite helpful and that’s to do with the rocketing conditions that applies with low spreads starting from lowest possible point of 0.1 pips to high leverage up to 1.500 plus much more, it’s all very cool and superb to work with no matter whether it’s gap trading or not.

3. Sarfraz Ahmed

Sarfraz Ahmed Well-Known Member Trader

It can be good but there is too much complication over these things, so that’s why it’s wise that we avoid it. I have done it in past with Exness, but they have horrible rules with leverage that automatically changes to 1:200 during the start of the week which never allow us to do trading on gap.

4. Christo Phernn

Christo Phernn Well-Known Member Trader

I think we all agree to the fact that it’s profitable, but at the same time we know the risk too. I mostly avoid putting myself into such situations, but if we are confident then it’s not a bad bet to take on. I never try to do anything over the line, it helps with a broker like OctaFX, as they are all very special with low spreads from 0.1 pips to high leverage up to 1.500 plus having great trading platform, it’s all super cool.

5. Sarfraz Ahmed

Sarfraz Ahmed Well-Known Member Trader

I have not done it on Real account but on Demo have done many times. Usually gaps get filled but that is not the case always! I do the usual trading with my broker FreshForex with their effective trading conditions of true ECN. Currently, they are offering a $ 1 Per Client bonus which is to promote them to like-minded traders you know and on social media/internet! If someone signs up you get $1 already apart from the regular IB commissions and not to skip the latest sensation of 48% Annum scheme!

6. Ibrahim Kardi

Ibrahim Kardi Well-Known Member Trader

Not actually, even I am not interested on first 2 sessions on Monday! Actually, I don’t need to use confusing sessions of market, because I have more than 200 trading pair’s facility from trade24 broker! As a result, I get my daily trading targets so consistently by using safe opportunities of market! Interestingly, recently I have added few CFDs instruments in live chart according to my demo trading result, let’s see!

7. mangu

mangu Well-Known Member Trader

Gap trading is one kind of trading strategy. What is underlying beneath factors of fundamental and technical analysis. This strategy can have divided in to four kinds. Such as breakaway gaps, exhaustion gaps, common gaps, continuation gaps. There are many more terms in this strategy, to do this perfect way you need to study and learn those first with focus. You can learn this in ECNCAPITAL.COM for better knowledge about this.

8. JohnMiller

JohnMiller Well-Known Member Trader

I don't like to trade on gaps, I'm used to doing everything the standard way, without any risky steps. In order to trade on gaps you need to learn a lot about it, and I think it's not worth it, it's best to choose a regular strategy and trade with it.

9. Luke lee

Luke lee Well-Known Member Trader

I sometimes trade like gap trading but basically I am a scalper. Scalping is not a proper trading system it is just like a technique of trading by which traders can profit from here easily in a short time. I used to follow moving average strategy for scalping. My broker is too much helpful for me as a scalper. I have been trading with Trade12 for more than one year. This having high leverage up to 1:400, low spread, quick execution, initial deposit, no set up fees, no dealing desk and slippage problem available here