1. Hello Guest Do you know binary.com offers exclusive $20 No Deposit Bonus for FX Binary Point visitors? Click here to sign up

Do you like to do gap trading?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christo Phernn, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Christo Phernn

Christo Phernn Well-Known Member Trader

I don’t trade much on gaps, but I have seen many people do it and talk about such strategies, so do you believe in trading on gap? I personally don’t prefer it much at all since I feel we can do so much better when we just trade on simple way instead of complicated stuff like this, I go with OctaFX broker where I don’t do anything silly instead I keep everything straight forward and due to OctaFX broker, I find it easier with their tidy spread and many such features.

2. Benard Roy

Benard Roy Member Trader

Firstly, I am also trading with OctaFX broker, but I believe gap trading is very risky and I won’t waste time over it, I am currently doing normal trading which is quite helpful and that’s to do with the rocketing conditions that applies with low spreads starting from lowest possible point of 0.1 pips to high leverage up to 1.500 plus much more, it’s all very cool and superb to work with no matter whether it’s gap trading or not.

3. Sarfraz Ahmed

Sarfraz Ahmed Well-Known Member Trader

It can be good but there is too much complication over these things, so that’s why it’s wise that we avoid it. I have done it in past with Exness, but they have horrible rules with leverage that automatically changes to 1:200 during the start of the week which never allow us to do trading on gap.

4. Christo Phernn

Christo Phernn Well-Known Member Trader

I think we all agree to the fact that it’s profitable, but at the same time we know the risk too. I mostly avoid putting myself into such situations, but if we are confident then it’s not a bad bet to take on. I never try to do anything over the line, it helps with a broker like OctaFX, as they are all very special with low spreads from 0.1 pips to high leverage up to 1.500 plus having great trading platform, it’s all super cool.

5. Sarfraz Ahmed

Sarfraz Ahmed Well-Known Member Trader

I have not done it on Real account but on Demo have done many times. Usually gaps get filled but that is not the case always! I do the usual trading with my broker FreshForex with their effective trading conditions of true ECN. Currently, they are offering a $ 1 Per Client bonus which is to promote them to like-minded traders you know and on social media/internet! If someone signs up you get $1 already apart from the regular IB commissions and not to skip the latest sensation of 48% Annum scheme!