1. Hello Guest Do you know binary.com offers exclusive $20 No Deposit Bonus for FX Binary Point visitors? Click here to sign up

EUR/USD ignores PMI again, stays unaffected around 1.0910

Discussion in 'Fundamental Analysis' started by FXStreet_Team, Feb 3, 2016.

  1. FXStreet_Team

    FXStreet_Team Well-Known Member Trader

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2015
    Messages:
    27,524
    Likes Received:
    0
    FXStreet (Mumbai) - The EUR/USD once again turned a blind eye towards the services PMI data and continues to trade largely unaffected around 1.0910 levels.

    PMIs losing relevance?

    A lackluster response to weaker-than-expected German services PMI and a largely unchanged Eurozone services PMI figure forces us to question whether PMIs have lost relevance. Markets these days do not react to Eurozone economic figures like PMI number, Industrial production, trade balance.

    Moreover, the focus is entirely on the broader market sentiment. As of now, the Europeans stocks are trading in the red, hence the pair sustains above 1.09. The upside was capped earlier today around 1.0940 (61.8% of Mar to Aug rally).

    EUR/USD Technical Levels

    The immediate resistance is seen at 1.0940 (61.8% of Mar to Aug rally), above which the pair could target 1.0966 (100-DMA), which if taken out shall see the pair test 1.10 levels. On the other hand, a break below 1.0890 (38.2% of 1.1495-1.0517) could send the pair lower to 1.0877 (10-DMA), under which the 50-DMA at 1.0854 stands exposed.
    For more information, read our latest forex news.
     

Share This Page