1. Hello Guest Do you know binary.com offers exclusive $20 No Deposit Bonus for FX Binary Point visitors? Click here to sign up

EUR/USD not impressed by uptick in the Eurozone inflation

Discussion in 'Fundamental Analysis' started by FXStreet_Team, Jan 29, 2016.

  1. FXStreet_Team

    FXStreet_Team Well-Known Member Trader

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2015
    Messages:
    27,524
    Likes Received:
    0
    FXStreet (Mumbai) - The bid tone around the EUR/USD pair is struggling to gather pace even though the data released just now showed the inflation ticked higher in January.

    Attempting to break above hourly 50-MA

    The spot is in a process of recovering above its hourly 50-MA located at 1.0906 levels. The data released today brought good news on inflation front. Consumer prices rose an annual 0.4%, after 0.2% last month. Core CPI also rose to 1% as expected.

    However, the data is being read with skepticism as the effects from a drop in oil and food prices early last year could have finally faded from the annualized CPI figure, giving it a temporary boost. Hence, the gains in the pair are hard to come.

    The investors now await the US preliminary Q4 GDP release due later today.

    EUR/USD Technical Levels

    The immediate support is seen at 1.0890 (38.2% of 1.1495-1.0517), under which the spot could drop to 1.0868 (5-DMA). A break lower would expose to 1.0841 (50-DMA). On the other hand, a break above 1.0940 (61.8% of Mar-Aug rally) would open doors for a rally to 1.0979 (100-DMA), which if taken out may see the pair test offers at 1.10 levels.
    For more information, read our latest forex news.
     

Share This Page