1. Hello Guest Do you know binary.com offers exclusive $20 No Deposit Bonus for FX Binary Point visitors? Click here to sign up

Euro sidelined vs. US Dollar around 1.0940, PMIs next

Discussion in 'Fundamental Analysis' started by FXStreet_Team, Dec 16, 2015.

  1. FXStreet_Team

    FXStreet_Team Well-Known Member Trader

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2015
    Messages:
    27,524
    Likes Received:
    0
    FXStreet (Edinburgh) - The shared currency has left the area of weekly highs around 1.1050 vs. the greenback, with EUR/USD now stabilizing in the 1.0950/40 band.

    EUR/USD focus on FOMC, PMIs

    A cautious tone prevails amongst traders today, as the critical FOMC meeting has finally arrived. Market expectations of a Fed’s lift-off today remain firm, with probabilities of a 50 bp rate hike currently above 80%.

    Apart from the Fed’s rate decision, preliminary PMIs for the current month are due in Euroland, as well as flash inflation figures for the region. Market consensus sees consumer prices to have risen at an annual pace of 0.1% in December, while Core prices are expected at 0.9% YoY.

    EUR/USD levels to consider

    At the moment the pair is up 0.21% at 1.0944 facing the next hurdle at 1.1060 (100-day sma) followed by 1.1124 (61.8% Fibo of 1.1496-1.0524) and then 1.1245 (downtrend from 1.1713). On the other hand, a breakdown of 1.0895 (38.2% Fibo of 1.1496-1.0524) would aim for 1.0808 (low Jul.20) and finally 1.0753 (23.6% Fibo of 1.1496-1.0524).


    -------
    What will 2016 bring to the Forex traders? Attend our Forex Forecast 2016 - The Panel with Ashraf Laidi, Valeria Bednarik, Boris Schlossberg, Adam Button, Ivan Delgado and Dale Pinkert. Register for the live event on Dec. 18th and get the recording too.
    -------

    For more information, read our latest forex news.
     

Share This Page