1. Hello Guest Do you know binary.com offers exclusive $20 No Deposit Bonus for FX Binary Point visitors? Click here to sign up

Is a volatile stock market still the best alternative to risible savings rates?

Discussion in 'Market News' started by Lily, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Lily

Lily Forum Member

Investing in shares is not without risk, but if you do your research and can commit to a long-term strategy you could prosper. Esther Shaw reports
    Like many people who want to make their savings work for them, Louise Dungate has become increasingly frustrated by low interest rates. Undaunted by the prospect of taking a risk, the knitwear designer from Balham in south-west London decided to dip her toe in the stock market in an attempt to get a better return.

Despite the unsettled financial climate, the decision has proved profitable for the 29-year-old following her first investment 18 months ago. “Prior to that I’d had money in cash Isas,” she says. “As I’m self-employed I don’t have a regular salary, and need to make my money work as hard as it can.”

The UK markets are reasonable value and a long way off all-time highs – so provide profit opportunity

Continue reading...