1. Hello Guest Do you know binary.com offers exclusive $20 No Deposit Bonus for FX Binary Point visitors? Click here to sign up

Key events ahead: RBA and GDT price index - Westpac

Discussion in 'Fundamental Analysis' started by FXStreet_Team, Apr 19, 2016.

  1. FXStreet_Team

    FXStreet_Team Well-Known Member Trader

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2015
    Messages:
    27,524
    Likes Received:
    0
    Besides the RBA minutes, (RBA minutes preview - what to expect in AUD/USD?), analysts at Westpac have noted the key events scheduled to be taking place for the day ahead.

    Key Quotes:

    "The Bank of Korea decides on policy. Most forecasters expect a steady hand though some see a 25bp rate cut to 1.25%.

    The Germany ZEW survey should show expectations rising to 8.0. Carney speaks before a parliamentary committee at its annual session with the BoE governor.

    US Mar housing starts are seen to fall 1.1% m/m though remain near highs since 2007.

    The twice monthly GlobalDairyTrade auction will be held during the Lon/NY session with futures suggesting a 3.5% rise in whole milk powder prices. Since mid-Feb, there have been three auctions, with two resulting in small gains and one unchanged, for a total gain of 6.5%. If futures are correct about tonight, the cumulative 10% gain should be a small confidence booster to a fairly gloomy sector and should also help NZD/USD."
    For more information, read our latest forex news.
     

Share This Page