1. Hello Guest Do you know binary.com offers exclusive $20 No Deposit Bonus for FX Binary Point visitors? Click here to sign up

Key events today - Rabobank

Discussion in 'Fundamental Analysis' started by FXStreet_Team, Apr 19, 2016.

1. FXStreet_Team

FXStreet_Team Well-Known Member Trader

Michael Every, Head of Financial Markets Research, Asia-Pacific, at Rabobank, summarizes the key events for today.

Key Quotes

Data-wise today (as if that matters?!) we will have the German ZEW survey, which is expected at 50.8 for April, little changed from 50.7 last month, although expectations are seen edging up from 4.3 to 8.0.

In the US we have housing starts, where expectations are for -1.1% against a 5.2% gain in February.

Later in the European session we also get to hear from RBA Governor Stevens, who may try once again to jawbone AUD lower, presumably to as little effect as all the other times he has done so.

We also have BoE Governor Carney testifying in Parliament: will he say anything about Brexit risks in this public forum, or will he try to avoid being dragged into discussing the topic?

For some reason my Bloomberg calendar is also telling me today has the NBA and NHL playoffs, something I don’t recall having requested to add in; like I said, we seem to be living in irrational times.
    For more information, read our latest forex news.