1. Hello Guest Do you know binary.com offers exclusive $20 No Deposit Bonus for FX Binary Point visitors? Click here to sign up

USD poised for further upside – Westpac

Discussion in 'Fundamental Analysis' started by FXStreet_Team, Nov 26, 2015.

  1. FXStreet_Team

    FXStreet_Team Well-Known Member Trader

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2015
    Messages:
    27,524
    Likes Received:
    0
    FXStreet (Edinburgh) - Strategist at Westpac Richard Franulovich expects the greenback to edge higher in the next months.

    Key Quotes

    “74% odds for Dec Fed lift-off may seem high to some but viewed from another perspective the implied odds of an adverse shock that sees the Fed take a pass on Dec are 26%, (assuming Fed effective rises 25bp on a hike), unrealistically high just 3 weeks before that meeting”.

    “If Nov payrolls come in close to 200k, as jobless claims suggest, markets will begin to look beyond lift-off and price in higher odds for a follow up March hike”.

    “Bottom line, yield support can continue to build for the USD. Tempting to look for a USD correction on a “dovish hike” and given year-end squaring pressures. But Yellen will flag the dot plot as the most likely path and that is much more aggressive than market pricing, while core EZ yields can continue to fall post ECB easing”.

    “Certainly that’s what happened after the ECB announced sovereign QE in Jan. Onward and upward for the USD. Once through 100 the next big level is 102.15”.
    For more information, read our latest forex news.
     

Share This Page